Last week was not the best week for the Swiatkowski Fam. Paul and I both got the nasty flu bug that has been going around. Thankfully, Savannah didn't get it- thanks to 1. my parents for offering their home up to her and 2. Lysol wipes and Lysol spray!
But by the time Saturday came around, all was well, and we were ready for a busy weekend!
It all started on Thurs. when my mom, sis, and I baked and decorated 10 dozen Easter sugar cookies!
Then Friday morning, Ashely and I hit Baby Story Time at the Perry Library.
On Saturday came a special delivery for Paul!!!
His 1950 Chevy Pickup
He actually bought it from a guy in Kingman and the guy drove it down on Sat. You should have seen Paul. He was just like a little boy looking out the window watching for Santa Clause. I swear he didn't leave the couch all morning and every few minutes I would catch him glancing out the window out of the corner of his eye. I think he took Savannah on 8 walks around the neighborhood hoping to catch a glimpse of his new baby pulling around the corner. Finally around 2, from upstairs I hear him yell, "IT'S HERE!!!!!!!" followed by a door slam. I'm sure I will have many more pics. to come of the "new addition."
On to Easter!
We started out the morning with a fun neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt and brunch. While the moms got the kids and food ready, the dads went out and hid eggs all over. It was so fun to watch all the little kids run frantically around the park and green belts scouring to find the eggs.
I was really surprised that Savannah actually understood the concept of collecting eggs. She made her way around the playground picking up eggs to add to her basket. She then enjoyed dumping them out so she could put them back in again! It was nice because she didn't realize that there was anything inside until after the hunt so she wasn't preoccupied with the insides and I didn't have to worry about weeding out the choking hazards until we were sitting down to eat.
The brunch ended up being so much fun we stayed much longer than expected. We were running a little late so all we could offer Savannah was a Nap On the Go!
It was then on to my parents house where my mom organized a really fun adult egg hung for Paul, Emily, Stev, and me! It got a little competitive! You can't blame us...the prizes were pretty tempting.
Wasn't the weather beautiful?!?
We all ate ourselves sick off mom's beautiful china. Dad's CornFlake Potatoes were the hit of the meal- like every year! Even Katy and Maddy (my parents dogs) enjoyed AN ENTIRE pan of them!! (They were not GIVEN the potatoes)
Savannah's favorites were the potatoes and Jacque's fruit salad.
Time for egg hunting
The day was a little too much for Stev to handle.
We had to get some Bacci Ball in before the day was done. Em and Stev were the champs.
It was one of those weekends that makes you thankful for everything you have. LIFE IS GOOD.

7 comments:
I love all the pics! Easter is such a fun family holiday. Savannah looks so cute and it looks like she did awesome collecting eggs! I feel like she should still just be crawling! She's getting way too big! Your mom is so crafty, you must get that from her! Her table looks beautiful and that's so cute that she did an easter egg hunt for the big kids too! Hope to see you soon!
This weekend was SO FUN! I love the picture of Stev laying in the grass! He was probably on the other side of the lawn so he would not be an "inconvenience" to us!
It looks like you had an awesome weekend! I LOVE the picture of Savannah napping in the car, that is the sweetest thing! I agree with Jenna, your mom's table looks amazing! Aren't those corn flake potatoes the best? My grandma makes those every year too! I love them!
Your Easter sounded so awesome! I loved both Savannah's dresses. She looked so cute. Your mom always decorates so beautiful for the occasion- she is were you get that talent from! I am so glad everything was perfect for you! I love Paul's new truck. Let's just hope that doesn't give Levi an itch for something!
It sounds like you had a great Easter! So fun that Savannah can go on an Easter egg hunt! She's too cute! I love seeing all the pictures!
How exciting for Paul! I love when grown men get giddy about something. Savannah is such a toddler, I love it! Her asleep in her carseat is so cute and innocent-- sippy still in hand, it is so one of those ones you want to hang onto for the days she is being Deviant ;) Like Everyone else said... Your Mom is amazing and could Take MArtha Stewart ANYDAY! Glad you had a fun Easter. Sorry about all of the phone tag today... at some point we will actually talk!
that is so fun that roan shares a birthday with you and savannah! how crazy is that?! what a fun weekend you had. love all the pics. savannah is such a doll. those cookies are adorable and look delicious!
Post a Comment