When Paul and I got home, Paul got the itch to start looking for a new puppy! Go figure!!! He spent a few hours online and we actually went and looked at an 8 week old boxer, but she wasn't exactly what we were looking for, so no new puppy for us..........yet.
After our puppy scouting we went and visited Paul's little bro in his new apartment and then went over to my parents for a delicious bbq with corn on the cob, my favorite! I took Savannah in the pool for the first time. She did great. At first she wasn't too sure, but by the end she was kicking, splashing, and loving it! My parents have a salt water pool and it was quite a suprise to her when she splashed some of the water in her mouth. By the end of the night Savannah was so exhausted. We ran over to Paul's dad's house to visit him and when we got back to my parents' house to pick up Chief, Savannah was way beyond the point of being ready for bed. My parents are so sweet and they told us to just leave Savannah with them for the night. We didn't end up seeing any fireworks, but that's ok! And to top it all off- I can an AWESOME sleep last night. Thanks mom and dad!!!
I hope everyone had a great holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, and as promised- I made this dessert last night and it was pretty yummy, so here's the recipe.
Strawberry Whipped Sensation
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter, melted
DIRECTIONS
Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
Mix chopped cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture. Cover with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Invert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert. Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange over dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.





3 comments:
Hi Megan! It sounds like you a had a great 4th of July! I love Savannah's patriotic outfit and bow! She is beautiful and already growing up so much!
Sounds like a fun day! It is so nice to have parents that are willing to do over nighters!! Mine are the same way!
Fun, Fun Megs! But now I need to see a pic of Chief's Lady friend!! I am glad you and Paul got to have a night alone. Savannah's outfit was to cute too by the way!
Post a Comment