I don't have her stat chart in front of me from her 9 month appointment but I do know that she is weighing in at a whopping 19.5 lbs. (no wonder why my arm has been killing me recently), and that she is most definitely a tall girl (100th percentile!) Watch out boys...this girl is gonna have some killer legs!!She loves
- the dogs: I swear her first intentional word will be Molly! Every morning when she sees her she says, "Molllllll" over and over again.
- cell phones, computers, remote controls, basically anything electronic
- the ABC blocks that came in her train from Auntie Em
- food: but not baby food, if you don't have to chew it...she's not interested, and don't even think about using the baby spoon, that's for babies! She insists on being fed with real silverware.
- BOOKS: She will sit and pull every single book off her book shelf and then bang on the pictures and flip through all the pages
- other babies and kids: Melody and Geoffrey can entertain her for hours on end and Gracie (Levi and Ashley's little babe) is her reliable Monday playmate.
- her room: What's not to love about her room!
- baths: At any opportunity she will dart to the bathroom and try to climb in the bathtub.
- All her family! She's a little weary of strangers but always recognizes family and gets very excited for them.
She is not so fond of:
- Having her face wiped!
- Being put to bed or down for nap when she is NOT tired!!
- Getting her diaper changed (I don't think it's so much that she doesn't like it, she just thinks it's hilarious to take off in a mad dash to the other side of the house wearing nothing but her BIRTHDAY SUIT!
What's she's doing
- waving "bye bye"
- crawling like a mad woman
- taking steps: I think she's made it to about 6 steps before crashing.
- receiving kisses on the forehead: If you ask her for a kiss be prepared for a head butt!
- feeding herself with fingers
- signing "more"
- protesting when something does not go as she had planned
- showing some signs of jealousy when mom holds other babies
WE LOVE HER MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY!

4 comments:
I love hearing all the new stuff she is doing! She is growing up way too fast! You're such a good mom and you can just tell how much you love her! She's a lucky little lady!
Savannah is getting so big. I can't believe she is already 9 months old and almost walking! She is just the cutest, sweetest thing and I love her! You and Paul are doing an amazing job raising her. I'm so lucky to have you 5 months ahead of the whole parenting thing so I can call you for advice and to ask "is this normal"? And Gracie loves her play date with Savannah on Monday's.
Aw Megs, she is so cute! Chloe is sitting here with me saying "That's Banana!" They need to play again... next time when Tay is awake. Time really flies, I cannot believe all of the "babies" in our group are getting so big and are going to be toddlers before we know it. That's when we'll be in trouble!
Great post! I am so sad I didn't have this blogging thing when my boys (and really even Brooklyn) were small. I forgot so much! I'm loving reading your blogs and keeping up with your cute family. I still need your address to send you my New Year's card! (jenwren2@gmail.com) email me.
Post a Comment