If not, you definitely should go. It's awesome. Some friends and I packed the kids into the car and took the drive out there this morning. It really wasn't too far. I think it only took us 20 minutes to get there. It's right off the 17 and 7th street, the old Monroe School, if you're familiar with the area.
I wasn't sure if Savannah would enjoy it fully, thinking she's a little too young. But I was wrong. It did take her a while to warm up, which it usually does in new situations, especially loud busy ones, but she loved it.
They have an area specially designed for kids 3 and under filled with balls, stairs, platforms, slides, carts, pretend flower gardens, and houses. This was a big hit. She also really enjoyed the art room. In the art room, there is a play house for kids to paint. It's an ongoing project and she couldn't get enough of dipping the brush in the paint bucket and slathering the white paint all over the house, herself, and me.
These aren't the only features of the museum, but they were her favorite. It's made up of 3 floors, each floor filled with fun rooms for exploring and activities to enjoy. I also got a cute idea for a 4th of July art project if anyone is looking.
Fork Fireworks!
Supplies: plastic forks, 3 or 4 colors of paint, dark colored paper, glitter (optional)
Dip plastic fork (the side you ea with) in paint.
Press fork on paper in a circular patter creating a "firework."
Sprinkle glitter.
Repeat with all colors!
SUPER EASY, SUPER CUTE!
I forgot my camera...so I only have phone pictures of the day. Bummer.

No comments:
Post a Comment