Warning: Lots of pictures! (paparazzi Emily)
I know this seems like a lot of pictures, but trust me, I'm sparing you. I took over 1,000.
Well, we're back from our wonderful Maine vacation. It was such a great time. Traveling is something that my family has always done together. Some of my greatest childhood and adult memories are from trips taken with my parents and sister and I feel so blessed that we all still travel together and that my own little family can be a part of it. I hope that I can create these same memories for Savannah and our future kids as well!
We started our trip in northern Maine at Moosehead Lake. Paul was at home right away. He is always in his element when in the woods.
The weather was absolutely beautiful. I really had a hard time coming home to the gross heat.
Our cozy cabin
Savannah loved playing on the deck,
and on all the new furniture in the cabin. She is definitely our little monkey. Wherever she is, she will find something to climb.
It's called Moosehead Lake for a reason.
We went on nightly Moosescouting adventures. Paul was the best scouter because he's not afraid to drive anywhere and everywhere to find them. Stev was the best spotter when driving on the highway. They are such cute animals! I really had fun trying to find them. Savannah likes "moooooose" too. My dad bought her a stuffed animal that she just loves. She picked out moose everywhere the entire trip. 
One morning we hiked up to a B-52 crash site. It was really interesting.
Love my cute husband. He loved every second of being at the lake.
I love my parents!
I always enjoy exploring the downtown areas everywhere we go. I thought this old gas pump was really cute.
Savannah enjoyed the downtown area too. That's because Grandpa bought her her first root beer float at a real soda fountain at the drug store!
I think Paul's favorite part of the trip was touring new breweries and sampling all the local beers.
The cabins had a nice heated pool that Savannah loved. She would swim every night for at least an hour with Emi and me. She really got into the splashing.
Savannah is my little outdoorsy girl. She couldn't get enough play time outside.
That's all for now. Stay tuned for the rest of the trip!

7 comments:
You guys are so lucky to have such a close knit family! I wish my fam did stuff like that! That looks like so much fun! I can't believe how big Savannah is!!! She is so dang cute and you can tell how much more active she has gotten since that last time I saw her! She's turning into a little toddler! Hopefully we can do another girls night sometime soon! I miss getting together with everyone!
Megs, what a wonderful vaca it sounds like you had! Like Jenna said, you are SO lucky that you and your fam are so close and do so much together. Savannah is getting so big and so blonde too! We hopefully will be seeing you sooner than later :)
Megan, you should be a photographer! You take beautiful pictures! It looks like you had such a great time... I cannot believe how BIG Savannah is!
I still need pictures from you!
How fun!
Do you guys just rent a cabin there or do your parents own it?
Hey Meg!
It's Jessi Perkins (nee Knatz)... I just wanted to say that I check here (quit FB) to catch up on your life, and your family is so beautiful! Everytime I see Savannah she reminds me so much of you and it makes me happy and reminiscent of our childhood years together. I am so happy for you and your life! We live in DC now, but if ever we are back in Mesa, we'll have to get together.
Wow, that looks like so much fun! I would love to visit beautiful Maine. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Did you ever find your post that was lost?
Post a Comment