Are you in the mood for Christmas or what?! As we were driving I was staring out the window like a little kid and I kept asking Paul, "Doesn't it look like Christmas!??"One day my parents offered to take Savannah (IMAGINE THAT- if you know my parents, it's no shocker!) so that Paul and I could drive down to the Redwood Forest in CA! I'll tell you what, it was absolutely breathtaking. I recommend that everyone drive through once in their lifetime because it is truly amazing. Not only were the Redwoods unbelievable, but Paul and I had 12 hours of car time to chat, laugh, and relax with each other. We LOVE road tripping, so it was perfect!

The path to get to the "Giant Tree" was flooded, but Paul was determined to see it. The first time I walked across the huge log, but then on the way back I got too nervous. So, as you can see, I scooted my way across! Paul thought it was hilarious. Actually, I did too.
This fallen Redwood was enormous. Look at the size of that trunk.
Did you know that at one time the Earth was almost completely covered in Redwoods? Then during the IceAge almost all were killed. The Redwoods west of the Sierra Nevadas were some of the only trees to survive.
I was fascinated by all the elk we saw while driving . I made Paul pull over so we could take pictures. I didn't get a picture of my favorite one though. He was a 6x6. That's what Paul told me. I guess that's pretty big for an elk??


GO DUCKS!Thanks mom and dad for ANOTHER wonderful vacation. We have so much fun traveling with you guys. WE LOVE YOU!






3 comments:
Those trees are AMAZING! Are they sequoias (spelling?)? I've never seen one before but I've heard about them. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip. The picture of Savannah and the Santa is really cute!
I am so jealous of your fun family vacations!
I love your pictures! It so makes me want to travel! I'm glad you had so much fun. Your parents are so sweet. You are so lucky!
Post a Comment