My Little Ballerina
We had a busy, fun Halloween this year.Melody and I woke up nice and early to make pumpkin pie oatmeal for everyone. It was pretty delicious! Paul didn't really care for it because he's not a huge pumpkin fan....but he pretended for the sake of Melody's pride! : ) (Gotta love him.)
Next Savannah and I headed off to a neighborhood friend's birthday party. It was simple and relaxing, doughnuts and juice down at the park with a bouncy house for the kids. Savannah surprisingly was not a fan of the bouncy house. I'm not sure if it was the big kids or the noise it was making that turned her off. But no biggie, she's happy as can be in the sand and on the playground set, the huge sprinkled doughnut wasn't too bad either! Unfortunately, I forgot to put my memory back in camera for this part of our day. : (
Then it was home for nap and clean up time for mom.
After naps, Emily brought her adorable soon to be niece over for some pumpkin painting. The girls weren't quite as into it as I thought they'd be. Maybe Savannah has painted ONE TOO MANY pumpkins this year. 






Dinner consisted of my parents, friends and pizza! Doesn't really get much better than that!
After dinner Emily and I took the girls upstairs to get their costumes on. Savannah had a major meltdown while we were trying to dress her and I thought the night was doomed. I had prepared myself that this was a definite possibility, but with Emily and I oooooing and aaaaahhhhing over her PRETTY ballerina costume, she decided it was a GO!



We originally weren't going to do the trick-or-treating thing...just let her pass out candy with us and admire all the fun costumes...but we decided to try a few houses just for kicks, and what do you know?!?!? She was in LOVE! Knock on the door, look cute, grab a handful of candy, say TANK YOU! and move on. I think she could have lasted all night. It was adorable to watch her and her little friend Gracen (aka Minnie Mouse) hold hands and trot through the neighborhood.
After all the trick-or-treating was over, Paul had a nice little set up going in the garage for the adults. Fire pit, world series, drinks, candy, s'mores....
As kids finished up, the neighborhood families migrated towards our driveway to bring in the night. I think the kids were so high on sugar they didn't realize, and neither did we, that it was nearly 9:30 and they were still snacking on candy, running up and down the driveway, and laughing hysterically!

Now, I've never been a huge fan of Halloween. I don't like anything scary, and honestly, I'm not a big fan of kids dressing up in anything violent, gory, gross, evil , etc. (just my opinion....to each his own), but this year I changed my mind.
I'm still not so much a fan of "Halloween," but it's not the Halloween part of it that I changed my mind about. It's the famly, friends, getting together, having fun, and enjoying life part that made me especially happy this past weekend. If Halloween is the occassion that brings all that together, than so be it! It can be Halloween every weekend.

5 comments:
Sounds like a great Halloween!! :o)
P.S. Savannah looked absolutely adorable in her costume!!
i just love your stories :) I have been waiting for you to post about halloween! haha. i live vicariously through your savannah blog ;-) so cute!! p.s. oatmeal recipe please!!!
You guys are so fun! I am jealous of the community in your neighborhood too. Savannah looks so cute and I am glad to hear someone elses kid had a meltdown over a costume! I agree with the Halloween thing. It's fun for the fact of getting together and enjoying friends and seeing the kids enjoy all of their candy. Love you Megs, Hope all is well :)
So cute! And pumpkin pie oatmeal???!!! I MUST have the recipe!
Post a Comment