I realize I have been a major slacker in the blogging department.
Too much going on lately, and it's just too hot to do anything, even blog!
I had myself convinced that being pregnant in the summer was not that bad, but I definitely have changed my position on that. It has become pretty much unbearable. I don't even want to leave the house, knowing that my skin may possibly melt off just by touching the steering wheel, and it doesn't help that Savannah starts crying, "I don't want to go in the car, it' TOO hot in there, just as the slightest mention of venturing out of the house." Plus on top of everything, I think I'm down to two dresses that fit, that's it, so going out of the house more than two times per week isn't really an option.
What we've been up to, other than melting....
Savannah spending lots of time with her favorite auntie while I finished up Sign Language 201. I was supposed to start 202 this week, but opted to spend these last few weeks of being pregnant enjoying my time with one child and getting ready for baby #2.
Paul working and enjoying not being in school.
Finishing Savannah's new room- I have to give Paul all the credit for this one. Savannah is in LOVE with her new purple, butterfly room, designed specially by her daddy! I will post pictures later, Paul did an awesome job making this room just perfect for his girl. We still need to do curtains and a few small paint touch ups.
Spending lots of time in Grandma and BaBops pool with friends and eating lots of grilled everything- chicken, burgers, hotdogs, brats, you name it, with LOTS and LOTS of watermelon. I think I've eaten my water weight in watermelon this summer.
Savannah has become quite the fish and I'm so proud of her. When summer first started, she was afraid to put her toes in the pool, but after about a month of swimming lessons with her wonderful teacher Miss Jaimie and Savannah's determination, she is now doing so well swimming and has become obsessed with it.
Savannah has also been taking a few classes through Town of Gilbert to pass the hot summer. Her auntie takes her to an art class every Monday, which from what I hear, is nothing to get excited about. But, she also finished a sports class, which I got to watch one week, and that was great. Her favorite was T-Ball. Football being her least favorite, but that's ok. Dad says as long as she watches football, she doesn't have to like playing it! And she just started a music class which is WONDERFUL. The teacher is great. You really can't beat the prices of the city rec. classes, and it's a fun way to get out of the house and give her a chance to be around other kids her age. I'm hoping in the fall to find her a dance or tumbling class, I was too late signing up this time around.
I have also been horrible about taking pictures lately. I haven't taken any since our vacation to Oregon in May!! My dad did get some great ones on 4th of July, so I have to get those from him to post.
Here are some of our pictures from our wonderful Oregon get away.
Savannah wasn't quite sure what to think of all the rain at first. Definitely an Arizona girl, she referred to her umbrella as her "flag" for the first 2 days. That was until grandma bought her her very own Tinkerbell umbrella!
One of the best parts of vacation was relaxing around the beach house with family. I always find it impossible to truly relax at home, because there's always something to be done. But on vacation, I love it when RELAX is all there is to do.
In addition to relaxing, eating is always a highlight of vacation. We had a lot of fun eating homemade meals all together. Of course, we did go out a few times. We found a great brewery in Portland with delicious food. I don't have any pictures of the yummy Italian sodas that Emily and I became obsessed with. We drank at least one a day.
Savannah loved the petting zoo at the Blue Heron Cheese Company. I loved the food we found there. One day, I made Paul drive us 45 minutes back there just for a sandwich I had eaten the day before. : ) I don't think he minded too much, because we got to eat the ice cream from the Tillamock Cheese Factory across the street...again!






3 comments:
I feel so sorry for you! I could imagine how miserable it would be being pregnant in this awful heat! I dread getting in and out of the car, and every time we get in Parker says, "hot, hot". Yep thats, right it's HOT! Savannah is growing up so much! She is one beautiful girl! That's great that your sister helps out alot and takes her to the summer classes! Also, way to go for taking your sign language classes! Where are getting your Masters from?
I love all the pictures and I love that pretty girl! I can't wait to come see Savannah's new room! You are getting so close to the end, hang in there.... and eat lots of popsicles and ice cream cake! I am so excited for your little girl to get here!
I think I use exclamation marks too much! :)
Next year I need to get Gracie in some classes at the rec center. She would love that!
cute, cute, CUTE!
Post a Comment